Senior HGV Technician
Working Hours: Rotating shift pattern. Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 15:30, Friday 06:00 – 14:30 | Monday – Thursday 15:30 – 00:00, Friday 14:00 – 22:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior HGV Technician | Mechanic who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Glasgow branch, you will have the opportunity to independently perform spot repairs on components in all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic Scania vehicle systems and components by finding and understanding the service information within a professional workshop. You will also receive excellent training at our bespoke training centre to develop you to the next level.
HGV Technician Responsibilities:
- Carry out simple work on the Scania vehicle’s electrical system and use information from the wiring diagrams and manuals for electrical components
- Perform allocated work within the timeframe given to the customers
- Diagnose, check and set the mechanical systems
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- As required, attend to disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer’s premises as part of Scania Assistance, following appropriate routines and procedures including roadside safety laws and regulations
- Provide technical advice to customers and colleagues
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standard
- Carry out Scania maintenance related work using Scania PC diagnostics
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
Key requirements for the HGV Technician:
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles
- Knowledge of ADP | Kerridge system preferred but not essential
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
- LGV/HGV/PCV licence an advantage
- Bus and coach experience an advantage
- IRTEC accreditation desirable but not essential as we have IRTEC courses available
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.