Senior RPA Developer
Fixed Term Contract – £350 to £425 per day
Milton Keynes Head Office
Reports To: Software Development Manager
08:45 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer to join the team based at our new Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our software development team scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of our current legacy applications used by our employees. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured Senior RPA Developer to help achieve this.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
The RPA Developer is expected to be proficient in Robotic process automation using Automation Anywhere. They should be able to identify process and strategy for RPA and work to foster take up of the technology within Scania. Part of the role will include working directly with users / internal customers to analyse and identify improvement areas.
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of Robotic process automation.
- Own and drive the identification of RPA opportunities.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Design RPA solutions utilizing best practices Create and update RPA documentation for support of automated processes
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Establish good process automation practices and strategies.
- Work with SMEs and RPA developers across Scania group
- Support with training others in the use of Automation Anywhere
- Direct and manage Pilot/ PoC / production development from beginning to end
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis
- Develop RPA solutions involving various platforms (e.g., Citrix, web, Microsoft Office, database, scripting)Troubleshoot application build, deployments, recreate customer issues, build POCs
- Working closely with the Software Development, Test, Support and Project teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the testing is aligned to requirements
- Support UAT with business users, capturing and reporting defects to the project to enable review, required remediation and re-test.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors occasionally across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects)
- Assist with establishing a change management framework for updates
- Extensive Experience of Automation Anywhere RPA tool or similar
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Business Analysis competencies
- Experience with APIs
- You’ll be familiar with workflow based logic and the ability to both interpret a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualise it as an automated solution
- 5 years + professional experience in RPA or similar technical role
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Experience in design and testing of software & processes
- Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- An understanding of configuration/scripting type technologies, such as excel macros / c#
- Experience and knowledge of agile, SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira or TFS
- Agility and capability to adapt to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; handle conflict effectively; collaborate; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable
- Experience of SQL; writing simple queries to validate data; inserting test data; some knowledge of relational databases
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**