Services Sales Executive
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for an Services Sales Executive within the North Region.
The main responsibility of a Services Sales Executive is to proactively promote and sell Scania parts and services, meeting commercial and financial targets and thereby contributing to the profitable growth of Scania.
The role is focusing on untapped potential at rolling fleet customers, i.e. approaching customers when the vehicle is already sold. Typical situations where the Service Salesperson contributes:
- contract not sold together with vehicle or renewal of contracts (R&M, Service, FMS, driver training etc.)
- customers with own workshop to whom there’s a potential to discuss parts supply or take-over of workshop operations
- vehicle inspections by authorities
- change of owner of a vehicle
Focusing on the customer, understanding and transforming their needs in to value adding solutions as well as upholding a positive brand image are furthermore key aspects for the role.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Pro-active selling and marketing of the Scania Services range of products, services and promotions in line with agreed sales & profitability targets to new and existing customers.
- Contribute to identifying potential customers and create sales opportunities where Scania can deliver value to the customer and be profitable.
- Contribute to structure and develop customer base through local segmentation.
- Develop and increase the customer base by analysing contacts or prospects, understand their needs, plan and conduct meetings, build relationships and argue for Scania´s value proposition.
- Create offers by verifying prospects’ needs, translating them into tailored solutions, negotiating the deal and follow- up.
- Close the deal and ensure long-term customer satisfaction,
- Keep up to date with customers and the local market, Scania product and service portfolio as well as competitors’ product / service portfolios and activities.
- Maintaining regular and professional contact with customers and prospects.
- Actively utilise and maintain customer data within Scania CRM system.
- Ensuring professional and consistent handling of contract documentation.
- Develop internal customer relations to optimise Services product penetration – New Sales, Used Equipment Sales etc.
- Ensure a quality customer focus is maintained to support the Scania brand values
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional approach to sales
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to organise workloads and work unsupervised on own initiative as required to work to set targets and deadlines
- Ability to identify business opportunities and generate own leads
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop relationships with other departments
- Good computer skills – MS office in particular
- Good presentation skills
Education and/or Experience
- Comfortable dealing with prospects and customers from Board level to owner driver
- Ability to show perseverance
- Motivated by successful target achievement
- Positive approach toward the use of CRM
- Knowledge of the Automotive Industry
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**