Technical Engineer (Field based)
Loughborough – Technical Centre
Salary – up to £43,000 depending on experience + Excellent Benefits Package
Monday to Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field based Technical Engineer to join Scania. You will have proven Workshop technical expertise, experience, skills, training, and competence to provide Remote Expert support of all Scania Products and Services, also supporting Scania workshops and customers with technical investigations and support in the field.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Experience of Roadside Breakdown or a Field based role.
- Working alongside the Technical Support team in a dual role covering Technical Support and Product Quality.
- Manage the day-to-day administration and technical investigations, handling technical support cases using Scania systems.
- Coordinate and interact with workshops to ensure a structured and documented approach to troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Technical investigation and solution (working closely with Services and Sweden).
- Liaising with Scania CV, Sweden on technical matters via Global Technical Support, Field Quality and Research and Development to achieve timely solutions.
- Production of Technical Information, content, and media.
- Support at Technical Product Meetings and internal meetings as required.
- Development of Technical infrastructure, development, and solutions to ensure Scania keeps the lead in the industry.
- Expected to attend Technical Product Meetings and Technical Training Seminars in the U.K. and abroad as required.
- The role will require extensive travel across the UK from time to time.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive diagnostic experience, solution orientated.
- Technically very competent with extensive Scania training and product knowledge (Truck, Bus, Engine)
- Maintain a structured, logical approach to their work along with an element of flexibility where needed.
- An excellent working knowledge of the automotive industry, technology trends and Scania products.
- Demonstrate a passion for a job well done (right first time, on time) and excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally, with high customer service skills.
- Accept, welcome, and enable change to develop the role.
- The ability to work on own initiative under pressure and as a team player in a busy department and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity at all times.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Scania systems & Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours (this is not a 9-5 job)
- Current valid driving licence with C+E (class 1) truck entitlement would be beneficial.
Scania Core Values
Customer First Respect For The Individual Elimination of Waste
Determination Integrity Team Spirit