Technical Manager – Services
Training Centre, Loughborough
Monday to Friday, 0845 – 1700
£50,000 – £60,000 per annum + car + bonus
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join Scania (Great Britain) Limited. You will have proven management experience and a strong workshop technical background with the expertise, competence, and skills to manage a team of technical engineers in providing a high-level of support to Scania Products and Services, Scania workshops and most importantly our customers.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Managing the Technical Support team operationally in their daily work, in a fast paced and challenging role.
- Coordinating workload and the availability of Engineers to cover matters as they arise in the areas of Vehicle Safety, Technical Support and Product Quality.
- Liaising with the Authorities in matters regarding Safety and Compliance.
- Collaborate with the wider Scania organisation to bring timely solutions, working closely with internal departments and with the support organisations in Scania CV, Sweden.
- Escalate cases within the organisation where a higher priority is needed or when additional resources are needed to solve a problem.
- Manage the Administration of Conversion orders, Technical Subscriptions, Technical literature, and systems.
- Production of Technical Information, content, and media to quickly spread knowledge and information to the workshops.
- Cross-functional working and collaboration with the Learning & Development teams to ensure knowledge sharing and to reduce competence gaps.
- Participation at Customer Support Meetings and internal Scania meetings as required to build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues.
- Strategic improvements of Technical infrastructure, development, and solutions to ensure Scania keeps the lead in the industry.
- Expected to host and attend Technical Product and Support Meetings.
- Attend Technical Training Seminars in the U.K. and abroad as required.
- The role will require extensive travel across the UK and abroad from time to time.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven Management experience in an Automotive setting.
- Extensive workshop background with diagnostic experience, solution orientated.
- An excellent working knowledge of the automotive industry, technology trends and Scania products.
- Technically very competent with extensive Scania training and product knowledge (Truck, Bus, Engine)
- Maintain a structured, logical approach to their work along with an element of flexibility where needed.
- A strong decision maker with a focus on a right first-time repair and ensuring a Customer first attitude.
- Demonstrate a passion for a job well done (right first time, on time) and excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally, with high customer service skills.
- Accept, welcome, and enable change to develop the role.
- The ability to work on own initiative under pressure and as a team player in a busy department and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity at all times.
- Able to establish, cultivate and capitalise on relationships forged at all levels across the business, with the Manufacturer, customers and Dealer colleagues.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Scania systems & Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours (this is not a 9-5 job)
- Current valid driving licence (C+E, class 1 truck entitlement would be beneficial).
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**