Used Vehicle Maintenance Specialist
Department: Used Sales
Reports To: National Operations Manager
This is a field based role covering the South of the country.
Basic Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience). Company Success related bonus scheme. ECO Car (Band C), Mobile Phone, iPad & Company laptop
25 days Holiday per annuum
Job Purpose: Reporting to National Operations Manager, the post-holder’s primary responsibilities will be to ensure that vehicles are progressed through the End of Contract process in a timely and efficient manner and ensure that vehicles are prepared mechanically and cosmetically in line with their various sales channels in the shortest amount of time. Key aspects of the role will be progressing vehicles through the relevant preparation criteria whilst ensuring standards are met and costs are controlled.
- Review Dekra Estimates and assess original estimate revising where necessary to a fair market value before being sent to the customer
- Update Dekra with revisions to parts pricing and technical changes within the pricing catalogue
- QC Standards of Dekra inspections and train new inspectors within the process
- Ensure EOC mechanical work that should be charged to R&M contracts is charged accordingly
- Liaise with National Operations Manager in selection of the correct sales channel, Retail or Trade based on EOC findings.
- Ensure EOC mechanical process and crib sheet is adhered to by all depots handling return vehicles.
- Train relevant depot staff in the full EOC process
- After EOC completion, organise mechanical & cosmetic refurbishment in line with the vehicles selected sales channel based on its age and mileage profile (set criteria)
- Book mechanical inspection & Organise WIP’s & PO’s
- Review any outstanding TI’s & R&M issues
- Review workshop estimates and ensure the correct work is carried out whilst costs are correct and in line with Used sales internal rates.
- Ensure Post EOC work that should be charged to R&M contracts and Warranty is charged accordingly
- Liaise and coordinate with external suppliers including Paintshop, Bodyshop & tyre contractors etc
- Organise vehicle movements to sites after work capacity has been established
- Handling customer issues / complaints post sale and warranty issues
- Communicate with all Captive & Independent General Managers and their respective aftermarket teams to ensure End of Contract mechanical inspections are carried out
- Work closely with SGB’s third party cosmetic damage assessment company (Dekra)
- Quality checking of both internal and external repairers work / paint shop jobs etc
- To meet clear deadlines and targets set by NOM
- Work with the Used Truck Team, assist in progressing sales orders through the workshops
- Building strong relationships with both internal & external workshops to guide them in the quality and level of service we require
- Ensure a strong customer focus
- Flexible approach to working hours with some overnight stays
- Ensure stock is displayed correctly and in line with Dealer standards (POS)
- Ensure Part Exchanges are in line with original Appraisal
- Site Stock check’s – Both Defined & Blind
- Stock Verification – Model, Spec, Mileage, Colour
- Assist in Photos & Video’s – Pre refurbishment and Post refurbishment (Trade & Retail)
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.