Salary – £26,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Working hours – Monday to Friday 06:00 to 14:00 / 14:00 to 22:00 alternate weeks
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Painter.
Based at our SHEFFIELD you will be responsible for carrying out paint on customer vehicles such as HGV cabs, Trailers, Coaches and buses.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Key requirements for the role:
- Clean, prepare and paint vehicle body’s
- Carry out wheel re-paints on new and used vehicles
- Replace small body panels
- Minor repairs including prep work
- Replace vehicle decals
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Conform to all customer site requirements & regulations
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made; all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Maintain thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in painting HGV cabs, trailers, Coaches, Single and Double deck buses
- QC paintwork to a high standard
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Current driving licence
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified) or proven experience repairing & painting vehicles.
- Work as a team at all times
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**