Workshop / Senior Service Advisor
Location: Goole VMU
Salary: £32,000 to £34,000 + Branch Incentive Scheme
Working hours: Day Shift – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Workshop / Senior Service Advisor
to join the team based at our Goole VMU branch.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Primary responsibility is planning and organising the day to day activities of the VMU. You will meet our customers’ requirements by ensuring VOR levels are minimised, policy & procedures adhered to and quality standards & KPIs are achieved. Provide support to the Branch manager to ensure all Scania related KPI and budget targets are met.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Ensure the consistent application of H&S standards and safe working practices are being applied.
- Plan and organise the day to day activity in the VMU and prioritise the workload to meet customer demands.
- Prepare and publish the daily VOR reports ensuring these are issued on time and the content is accurate
- Accurately maintain the Tesco service planner and ensure it is consistently updated.
- Liaise with site Transport Operation to ensure the timely provision of service vehicles.
- Ensure all customer processes and procedures are adhered to. i.e. defect numbers, TIM numbers, pre authorisation, etc.
- Ensure all technician write ups meet the required quality standard prior to submission for invoicing.
- Ensure R2C is up to data and customer data is accessible.
- Ensure warranty processes meet required standards and all claims are made in a timely manor.
- Ensure the work in progress board is up to date.
- Ensure all parts used are correctly allocated to the right WIP.
- Manage the productive staff to ensure utilisation and productivity targets are consistently achieved.
- Ensure a robust shift handover process is in place and is adhered to.
- Ensure timekeeping and overtime is rigorously controlled.
- Ensure the highest standards and quality of work is achieved with particular emphasis on MOT pass rate.
- Carryout regular quality audits to ensure consistent achievement of quality standards.
- Ensure the highest standard of housekeeping is consistently maintained in the VMU.
- Prepare accurate repair estimates for vehicles and trailers as required.
- Liaise with Parts department to ensure the availability of spares to minimise customer VOR.
- Provide necessary technical support to the technicians.
- Liaise with the branch administration function to ensure there are no VMU related invoicing or costing issues resulting in unprocessed WIP.
- Ensure the provision, and ongoing condition, of workshop tools and equipment.
- Ensure SRS process is applied and there is a culture of continuous improvement.
- Role model the Scania Core Values at all times.
- Stand in for Branch Manager as required.
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
Education and / or Experience
- Time served LGV motor vehicle technician with at least 5 years post apprenticeship experience
- Previous supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven planning and organising skills
- Able to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines
- Ability to organise own workload and that of the team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven administrative skills.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Communication skills – able to build good relationships internally & externally
- Computer literacy (excel, word, outlook)
- Ability to multi-task
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Ability to deal with all levels of customer service and deliver customer service excellence
- C+E LGV Licence
- Knowledge of the ADP Autoline IT system /Multi/SDP3/Warranty and AS400 systems
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**